Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TIME TO TAKE IT TO THE STREETS.

I have not blogged in a while I took time to observe the things that were going on in America and in my own life.

The President’s speech on healthcare to the Congress was masterful, all he has to do now is get the intestinal fortitude to tell the republicans that he does not need their vote and stop trying to appease them with the “can we all just get along “crap, the answer is no we cannot. He will not be able to stand in front of Congress and declare “they like me , they really like me “ they do not and never will. If you have viewed the movie Independence Day with Will Smith think of the scene when the President was talking to the alien attempting to make “nice , nice "and he asked the alien “what do you want us to do “? The alien answered ….DIE. That is what the republicans want Obama to do, nothing he will ever do will please them. So instead of attempting to win people over that want to see him dead, I would suggest he represent the people who put him in office. As for the Blue dog Democrats and the democrats that are not on board with the President’s plan We the people need to send them a message “The money the insurance companies give you to run a campaign is great, but you cannot get back into office without our votes”. It is time for them to do something for us the working class people.
Speaking of the working class people it is time for us to get off of the couch get from behind the computer desk and take it to the street (peacefully) we have to attend every rally, write the news paper, flood the conservative radio stations with the facts and flood our representative office with letters ,
During my time off I joined Organize America I volunteered at a rally that Harry Reid held. And I am volunteering at a rally this week I feel a sense of urgency, this reform must pass and the Freedom of choice for American working people must also pass. I want to know that I did my part to help not just sit on the sideline and either reap the benefits, or complain that my healthcare costs have quadrupled if the reform fails and my employer has decided to reduce my pay and increase my work load.
All good men have to do for evil to prevail is to do nothing .

No comments:

Post a Comment