As a part of my job (security management professional) it is my nature to observe profile and report my findings to the corporation that has retained my services. As a talk show host for 4 years (Hawaii and most recently as a guest host on KXNT Sunday show) I learned to use the same technique , observe, study what I observed and profile the information to form a hypotheses which I attempt to explain on air or on a blog. I use only facts to form my opinion.
I have explained this not to plug myself however to explain what I am about to write. Five years ago I was a member of the Republican Party, being a part of the party I was privileged to the insiders’ e mail s and postings I was a vocal part of the party being somewhat moderate. I began to notice a change in the party they began to identify with the far right, the speech became more defensive, aggressive not bases on fact or truth. this really concerned me. After a few conversations with party leaders in Hawaii reading national postings and listening to the talk show hosts, I found that I did not agree with the way the party was clearly heading, most importantly they were not positioning themselves to represent the American people, but to clearly represent the corporations of America. I broke all ties registering as an Independent
My deepest fears about the Republican Party have seemed to come to fruition. They have seemed to fully embrace the radical far right of the party and worse it appears they have adopted a scorched earth policy. Using the radicals to usher in an atmosphere that lacks respect for authority absent of decorum which uncheck will lead to anarchy. Enlisting the assistance of powerful lobbyists groups to form clandestine plans to organize the radicals to appear as grass roots organization and disrupt what should have been a true debate on healthcare reform instead reduced to shouting matches.
The atmosphere the republicans seem to be creating is seriously dangerous for our country.
This week Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi pleaded with the republicans to lighten the tone of opposition as she and most people who are observing the result of the angry, aggressive irresponsible speeches and actions of the republican party warning it could easily lead to violence . The response from of the republican Minority Leader John Boehner seemed to support the actions of the radicals of his party moving the radicals from the far right fridge to mainstream. Many of these groups want a civil war, most are white supremacists advancing a race war mentality. Caught in the middle are people who are afraid that their race will not be in the majority in the near future and afraid of what that means to them as people. They are good people being hoodwinked by professional hoodlums, manipulated by master manipulators who do not have their best interest in mind.
I ask if Americans are angry as John Boehner said they are why are they angry with the current administration. The administration that caused Americans to lose jobs plunged the stock market, allowed banks to offer adjustable rate loans, bailed out banks and for the first time in American history bailed out an insurance company and finally destroy the American economy was a Republican administration.
Simply the anger is misplaced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment